The Waterloo Foundry was situated on the corner of Atlas Street where it meets Pocket Nook Street, Pocket Nook. St Helens (Across the road from Barber Street, Atlas Bottle Works circa 1906) . It also was next to the Sankey Canal (where the wharf and locks are).
It was opened circa 1837 and initially begun by James and Jesse Varley. The brothers later fell out and the business was retained by James, whilst Jesse formed the Brookfield Foundry on Foundry Street.
Foundry Wharf (Extra care Housing) currently stands on the land where the Waterloo Foundry was once situated. An expansion of the Varley business in 1908 purchased the Atlas Foundry that is on the land next to the Waterloo Foundry.