HMS Caroline is a Light Cruiser owned by the Royal Navy. She joined the Grand Fleet at Scapa Flow in 1914; took part in Battle of Jutland in 1916; carried a flying off platform for launching Royal Naval Air Service and RAF aircraft over the North Sea in 1917/18. She became a training ship for Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve’s Division at Belfast in 1924 and served as the Royal Navy’s HQ in Belfast Harbour during World War ll. She was decommissioned in 2011 as the last remaining British light cruiser in service, the last survivor of the Battle of Jutland, one of only three surviving Royal Navy warships of World War l, and the second oldest Royal Navy ship (behind HMS Victory). She was refitted by Harland and Wolff, Belfast in 1951 but retained 85% original of her construction. Caroline is listed on the National Historic Ships Register, and since 2016 has been open to the public as part of the Museum of the Royal Navy in the Titanic Quarter, Belfast. The 1913-17 Daybook for John Roby Ltd, Rainhill (held by St Helens Archives) shows that the company provided malleable cast iron deadlights, Admiralty pattern sidescuttles, galvanised cast iron sidelights, brass fixed lights, brass sidelights, naval brass sidescuttles, and Admiralty pattern steel covers for sidelights to Cammell Laird, Birkenhead for the construction of HMS Caroline.